PVC Pipe Slotting Capability 6″ through 20″ up to 20’ lengths.
• 240 OR 440 Volt 3 Phase 50 or 60 HZ incoming power with control circuits transformed down to 110 Volt AC and 24 Volt DC.
• One 15 HP 220/440 Volt 60 HZ 3 Phase slotting motor.
• Air operated 2 speed automatic pipe indexing unit, designed with a 360 degree encoder.
• 1 1/4″ indexer shaft is designed to accommodate automatic air operated inside pipe holders.
• Touch screen programming. Automatic operation controlled by Panasonic PLC.
• Control system is equipped with safety shutoff and lockout if cutter motor stops or if pipe is not clamped on indexer.
• 1-1/2″ linear shafts and bearings are used on the vertically reciprocating motor and arbor assembly.
• Machine equipped with two 3″ air cylinders used for pipe clamps located on each side of machine.
• 3″ 360H300 wide timing belt is used to drive slotter shaft, eliminating belt slippage and help to extend life of bearings and shafts.
• Slotting shaft mounts on the motor plate will accommodate 1″ pillow block bearings.
• Slotter shafts will hold a maximum of 10″ of saw blades per segment. Quantity of saws will vary because of saw spacer and saw width.
• Mounted on the mainframe are 20 nylon pipe rollers, enabling easier loading and unloading of PVC pipe.
Approximate Slotting Times:
6″ PVC, 20’ length, 5 rows, 1/4″ spacing = 15 to 18 minutes
12″ PVC, 20’ length, 10 rows, 1/4″ spacing = 30 to 35 minutes
Slotting time will vary depending on number of saws, thickness of spacer, thickness of pipe, number of rows, and size of saws.
This machine was mainly designed for the production of large diameter PVC well screens.